You might believe that routine air duct cleaning is a superb strategy for guaranteeing affordable heating and cooling while preventing needless repairs. Or you might be thinking, does cleaning air ducts make a difference? A duct is a conduit that travels throughout your house and facilitates the forced circulation of air. This airflow may come from your home’s heater duct cleaning, or it could be a combination of outside air intake and inside air exhaust. Typically, metal, elastic polymers, or fibreglass are used to make ducts. Although ducts are typically round, several shapes can be made for them based on how they should be routed within the house to efficiently distribute and return cold air.
Air Duct Cleaning Myths:
- Air Ducts Never Get Dirty: It’s a frequent myth that dirty air ducts are just a way for HVAC firms to cheat you out of your hard-earned money. This is untrue, to put it simply. Some homeowners have to deal not just with the build-up of dust, dirt, and pollen but also with pests like rodents and insects in their ductwork. It’s an excellent plan to have your ducts evaluated annually together with the rest of the heating and cooling system to determine whether and when they need to be cleaned. Your ducts might not need to be cleaned every few months.
- Just AC Units Need Cleaning: The idea that only air ducts associated with an air conditioner get dirty is a widespread one. Does cleaning air ducts make a difference?however, can bring whatever is already in the air with it whether the AC is on or not. Your ventilation system picks up dust and debris, which can easily and quickly collect in your ducts.
- Using Harsh Chemicals to Clean Ducts: Many homeowners are concerned that cleaning their ducts would expose their loved ones to dangerous substances. Fortunately, it is not required to use pesticides to clean the ducts, and the majority of companies have non-chemical choices that you may discuss with them. Some products could successfully clean the ducts and prevent the growth of mould without using harsh chemicals.
- Air Ducts Don’t Affect Health: Few people would dispute the fact that the smoggy air outdoors impacts their well-being, but many disagree with the idea that the air inside their houses could potentially be harmful to their health. Unfortunately, despite having air filters, pollen, grit, and other pollutants can still find their way into your home since they all travel via the ventilation systems of your home. Mould and germs can also grow well in the ducts. Poor indoor air quality brought on by these airborne contaminants can result in health problems like breathing problems, migraines, fatigue, and other signs of the flu.
- You Can Do the Cleaning Yourself: It could be more difficult than it seems to clean the air duct on your own. It’s challenging to clean properly, and if you don’t properly reseal your ducts, you’ll need to hire a contractor to clean them again soon. It’s wise to start by delegating to the professionals.
Signs That Your Ducts Need Cleaning:
Even if ducts don’t need to be cleaned, there are situations when they shouldn’t be ignored. Just look at your ducts while the maintenance plan is in effect. The following are crucial factors to take into account if you believe your ducts need cleaning.
- You should be ready for a duct cleaning procedure if you see mould growth in any of the HVAC unit’s parts.
- If insects or rodents get into your HVAC ducts, duct cleaning is definitely in order. They not only cause your HVAC system to smell unpleasant, but they also spread germs.
- You should immediately start cleaning your ducts if you notice that dust and debris are being released into the air via supply vents.
- The air clog suggests that there has been an excessive build-up of scrap in the ducts. You may need to clean air ducts.
Is Cleaning the Ducts a Waste of Money?
Cleaning the ducts is not dangerous, though, if done correctly. In actuality, your home’s whole air supply passes through the ducts numerous times each day. The air that circulates through your ducts is the same air that fills your home completely and that you and your family breathe. You, therefore, want the air to be as pure as possible. The following are the top five advantages of having your air ducts cleaned by a professional, among many others:
- Cleans up the Living Environment: The quantity of interior dusting and cleaning required to maintain a healthy home is decreased by thorough air duct cleaning.
- Reduces Irritants and Allergens: Routine cleaning of the air ducts encourages healthy living. Otherwise, the contaminated air in the house simply keeps circulating.
- Makes Breathing Easier for Everyone: Sneezing, coughing, and sinus and lung congestion can all be brought on by dust and pollutants entering the nose and lungs. Cleaning your air ducts improves your comfort and overall health.
- Removes Foul Odours: Air duct odours can be caused by pets, household cleaners, paint fumes, mould, cigarette use, and even food preparation. Thoroughly cleaning the air ducts eliminates all particles that trap odours, leaving the house smelling better.
- Enhances Airflow: The efficiency of your system will be normal as a result of duct cleaning. A clean system will function at maximum efficiency and deliver the best value for money.
Duct cleaning is not a waste of money, this can make a major difference in your home and air ducts.