Do you have children or pets in your house? Then there are chances you will face the problem of urine stains on your mattress. If the pets are not trained and until the children don’t grow up you will surely face the problem of urine stains on the mattress. Urine stains can become very dangerous if they are not cleaned on time. They will lead to the growth of many bacteria and diseases as well. Uncleaned stains will also affect the beauty of the mattress and give a bad impression to people visiting your house. To get rid of the urine stains you need to act quickly before it spreads and forms a permanent stain. This stain will then lead to the formation of bad odour in the mattress. You can either hire same-day mattress cleaning service or use DIY methods to remove the stains from the mattress. To know more in detail about how to get urine smell out of the mattress, read on the blog carefully.
Here Is How To Get Urine Smell Out Of The Mattress:
- Strip The Bed And Remove The Bed Sheets And Pillow Covers-
To clean the mattress and to remove the urine smell and stains, it is important to remove the bed sheets and wash them. You can remove the bed sheets and pillow covers and put them in a washing machine. You can add detergent to the washing machine and start spinning it. One thing to take care of is you must remove these as soon as possible to make sure the urine stain doesn’t spread quickly.
- Collect The Things Required- Some of the important things required for cleaning the urine stains are given below-
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Baking soda
- Dish soap
- Borax Paste
- Spray bottle
- Paper towel and cleaning rags
- Vacuum cleaner
- Blot The Excess Urine From Your Bed- Before removing the urine stains, you need to remove the excess urine from the mattress. Use a dry cloth or an old rag to blot the mattress. Make sure you don’t press it too much as it can lead to the spreading of the urine and it can also move deep into the mattress. You must slowly blot the urine using a dry cloth.
- Apply Baking Soda Paste- You can make a baking soda paste by mixing one cup of baking soda with one tablespoon of water in a bowl. Spread this paste all over the pee stains with the use of a soft bristled brush. Allow the paste to settle and dry for at least 4 hours and later you can use a vacuum cleaner to remove the paste from the mattress.
- Apply Distilled White Vinegar- Distilled vinegar is a mild acid that is useful in neutralising the acids present in the urine. Pour the vinegar in a spray bottle and spray it all over the urine. It helps get rid of stains as well as urine smell from the mattress.
- Use Hydrogen Peroxide- Hydrogen peroxide is another great and effective chemical to get rid of the urine stains from the mattress. It is a mild and oxygen-based bleach which is sold in the concentrations of 3 to 10 in the drug stores. Add some amount of hydrogen peroxide into a spray bottle and spray it on the pee stains and wait for some time. Once the smell and stains are removed you can air dry the mattress. Usually, 3% of hydrogen peroxide is more useful in removing pee smell from the mattress.
- Steam Clean The Mattress- Steam cleaning is a very important step that helps in getting rid of all kinds of stains and smells from the mattress. In this method, you have to use high-power steam to make sure all the stains and spots are removed from the mattress. This process is also known as the hot water extraction method and there are no chemicals used in this method.
- Air Dry The Mattress- After steam cleaning the mattress, you need to dry the mattress by removing all kinds of solutions from the mattress. You can use a hair dryer or place the mattress under a fan to get rid of smell and stains from the mattress.
Do You Need To Hire Professional Mattress Cleaners?
Although you can clean the mattress in your home some stains require more effort and professional help. Professional cleaning will not only help in removing stains but will also help in saving money and time as well. They have all the professional tools and techniques required for cleaning a mattress. If you are looking for the best mattress cleaning company in Melbourne, hire professional cleaners at Micks Mattress Cleaning Melbourne. This can make the cleaning work easy for you.