Tiles are often used for flooring in living rooms, kitchens, bathrooms and the entire house as well. They enhance the look of the house. They are durable and easy to clean. However, they may wear out after some time. The tiles can get discoloured, stained and get scratches. This time depends on the methods of cleaning you adopt to get rid of dirt and stains. To keep them intact, you can adopt high-quality tile and grout cleaning methods.
The Major Reasons For Stains
- Exposure to excessive water, dust, dirt, etc.
- Absence of proper ventilation that facilitates the growth of mould and fungus.
- If the ground is porous, it absorbs the liquid spill.
- The soap scum deposit after showering, cleaning or mopping.
- If you have pets in the house, they can spill things regularly.
How to keep the tiles in good condition?
Everyday cleaning of the floor will keep the tiles in good condition. But there are times when you need to do more than mopping or bleaching for getting rid of stains.
Mopping is a part of household chores. However, it is overlooked at times. It is often done when heavy dust or stain is seen on the floor. It is always better to take precautions. Regular mopping can remove the layer of dust.
Deep staining is not good for the floor. You need to use standard cleaning products to remove dirt so that you do not spoil the look of tiles. Mopping and bleaching are not enough for cleaning the tile floor. Professional cleaning services can assist you with their best service to get rid of stains and get that shine back.
Let’s know about some of the methods that can be adopted to clean the floors. It will make your work a lot easier.
- Clean the spills as soon as it gets on the floor. This will avoid any sort of discolouration of the tile or grout.
- Vacuum the floor daily or mop it.
- Rinse with water to remove the scum of soap or detergent to deposit on the tiles. This will slowly degrade the quality of your tiles. You do not want this to happen, isn’t it?
- People often believe that acids can clean the floor. It takes away the shine and corrodes the floor slowly. Avoid abrasives and acids to Clean Tile Floors with Vinegar. It could hamper the sealant as well, thereby inviting bigger problems.
- Do not keep the floor wet for hours. Wipe down the tiles in the washroom after having a shower. This will again help in removing water and scum.
Some quick tips to clean the floor
You can out the sparkle back in your tiles by cleaning it professionally. It is a very easy process. You just need to inform them about your concerns and the work will be done. Here are some extractions that can be followed during an emergency.
Baking soda- Stain can be removed with the help of baking soda. This DIY works very well in most of the cases. Combine one-fourth cup vinegar, a tablespoon of dish wash, one-fourth cup baking soda and two gallons of warm water. Mix them well. You can add any essential oil for that extra fragrance.
Mould and Mildew Remover- Mix equal parts of baking powder and lemon juice. Put it on the area where mould has developed. Leave for a few hours. This process will help you to get rid of mildew and mould without much hassle.
Get rid of germs- If you wish to kill terms, add mouthwash in a bucket of water. It will kill all the germs on the tiles, leaving a fresh environment around you. This is suited best for vinyl floors. Stay away from this technique on wooden floors. This might swell up the wood.
What should be done if mopping and bleaching are not enough to tidy your floor?
These cleaning methods can be tedious at times. Lack of proper knowledge about various kinds of tiles and their cleaning process could worsen the situation. It will be ideal if you consult an expert to remove deep stains or Greasy Tile And Grout. In case of an acid spill or sausage spill, you can get in touch with professional cleaning individuals. They will get the work done easily for you.